Established in 2017, Everypaw pet insurance provider is based in Hertfordshire. It offers a range of policies, including maximum advantage and lifetime policies.
Everypaw is a trading name of Cardiff Pinnacle Insurance, which also owns helpucover.co.uk.
Its headquarters are based in Borehamwood, Hampshire.
What does Everypaw pet insurance cover?
Each policy includes:
- Cover for vet bills for illness or injury
- Third-party liability for dogs and legal costs
- Boarding fees for your cat and dog if you are hospitalized for more than 48 hours
- Holiday cancellation charges should policyholders be forced to cancel a holiday due to any life-threatening illness experienced by their cat or dog
- Advertising and reward prices for missing cats and dogs
According to their website, up to 97% of policyholders can expect payment within five working days of making a claim.
For every policy contracted, Everypaw donates £2 to the RSPCA.
A free Activity Tracker with each dog insurance policy.
Everypaw has drawn up with PitPat to offer new clients a free PitPat 2 Dog Activity Tracker worth £39 when taking out a dog insurance policy.
Lifetime (or ‘yearly limit’) insurance covers vet prices up to the policy’s limit every year. So long as you renew a lifetime policy each year, the level of vet pays will reset to the full limits you started with. It is important to note that your premiums are likely to grow each year at renewal.
Three of Everypaw’s lifetime policies work slightly differently from other companies. Although they have a total limit that will reset each year, they also have a pre-condition limit that is smaller than the total.
For example, if you chose Everypaw’s £ 4,000-lifetime policy, you could claim that amount in total each year, but you would only be able to claim up to £1,000 for individual conditions each year. Both limits reset when you renew.
The three policies have limits of £2,000 (£500 per condition), £4,000 (£1,000 per condition), and £10,000 (£2,000 per condition).
Policyholders can claim up to £1,000, £3,000, or £5,000 each year for a single condition, depending on the cover level they select. If a policyholder has given £300 on vets’ bills and further treatment is need. There is no time limit on when you can make claims for a condition, although you will not be able to make any more claims once you have reached the limit for that condition in a year.
Provides policyholders with a comprehensive level of cover. They can claim up to £6,000 a year in total, which is reset every year. The total limit is also the limit on how much can be required per condition.
How much does Everypaw pet insurance cost?
Everypaw gave the following figures in September 2018 as a price guide for its Maximum Benefit offerings.
- Cover from £6.17 a month (£1.42 a week) – **Based on Maximum Benefit £1K product for a male Jack Russell, age two, residing in DG postal area
- Cover from £5.27 a month (£1.22 a week) – **Based on Maximum Benefit £1K product for a male Moggie, age two living in DG postal area
Everypaw excess fees
The excess applies to all claims. For Everypaw’s Lifetime policies, the quantity is use per condition per policy year.
When we got a quote in September 2018, the excess was listed as £90.
For third-party liability claims, policyholders are responsible for paying the first £250 of any costs or compensation awarded.
Vet fee excess can change if the details and personal details of policyholders change. Everypaw will let policyholders know what this move will be before it is applied. Everypaw also advises that when pets reach a certain age, this will change the excess from a defined amount to a sum that will be greater than a percentage contribution.
The excess will change at the renewal following a dog’s 8th birthday (5th birthday for certain breeds) for dog policyholders. The current “overage” excess will be 25% of the claim value subject to the minimum of your excess amount.
For cat policyholders, the excess will turn at the renewal following a cat’s 10th birthday. The current “overage” excess is 25% of the claim value, subject to the minimum of the excess amount.
Everypaw offers a multiple pet bonus discount to insure two or more pets. Policyholders will receive a discount equal to one month free for each policyholder.
Everypaw provides limited information on its pre-conditions policies, as one would expect across the pet insurance industry. Everypaw requests information on any previous illness, injury, and pre-existing health conditions for those pets being insured. All of this detail will naturally affect policy coverage and future claims.
When does the cover start?
Policyholders will be covered for accidental injury and poisoning after three days from the plan start date. They can claim vet charges for illnesses that first come to light after 14 days from the start date. They can also claim the cost of advertising and searching for your lost dog for cases occurring 14 days after the start date.
How do you make a claim?
Policyholders can download a Vet Fees claim form. This can be made by their vet and returned to Everypaw by email or post.
What is excluded from cover?
- Routine, preventative, elective, and cosmetic treatment. This exclusion also applies to neutering for the contraceptive purpose (as opposed to medical reasons)
- Treatment for vaccine-preventable situations where policyholders have failed to vaccinate their pets
- Routine dental treatment is eliminated, but Everypaw will pay for dentistry treatment where the need for treatment is down to accidental injury.
- The cost of the transplant, prosthetic limbs, and associated treatment
- Third-party coverage: Cover does not include third-party liability outside of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man for the first £250 of any claim. The cover does not apply where the claim arises from a policyholder’s profession, occupation, or business, additionally, if the dog is kept on-premises licensed for the sale of alcohol.
- Claims made for searching and finding a pet and for the loss or theft of a pet are excluded if they are not microchipped following the applicable microchipping legal requirements in force at the time of any claim.
- Policyholder’s hospitalization: Claims for boarding fees in the event of policyholders’ hospitalization do not apply where the said hospitalization is due to alcoholism, drug abuse, or self-inflicted injury or where the policyholder’s illness or accident happened before the policy start date. Claims are also excluded where the policyholder’s disease first occurs or shows symptoms within 14 days of the policy start date.
For a full list of exclusions, view Everypaw’s full policy details.
When does the cover start?
Policyholders are covered for accidental injury and poisoning after three days from the policy commencement date. They can claim vet charges for illnesses that first come to light after 14 days from the start date. Likewise, policyholders can claim the cost of advertising and search for lost cats and dogs for instances occurring 14 days after the start date.
Policyholders can claim for medical conditions that first arise after 14 days from the policy start date. Cover for loss of a cat also begins after 14 days from the policy start date, and accidents are covered three days from the policy start date.
Eligibility for cover
New insurance cover for most dogs can be started from 8 weeks up to their 8th Birthday. However, certain breeds (listed below) insurance can start from 8 weeks up to their 5th Birthday. For cats, the cover also starts from 8 weeks, right up to their 10th Birthday. Once previously insured, cover can continue beyond these ages, subject to the policy T&C’s.
Everypaw Insurance Reviews by Experts
Independent financial researcher Defaqto has rated Everypaw’s Lifetime Premium Dog coverage five stars for its £10K policies.
A Star Rating shows where a product or proposition sits in the market based on the quality and comprehensiveness of the features it offers.
A 5 Star rated policy has a wide range of features and benefits, a 4 Star rated policy has a good level of features and benefits, a 3 Star rated policy has an average level of features and profits. In contrast, a 1 Star rated product has “a low level of features and benefits.
Everypaw Pet Insurance Reviews
On Feefo, Everypaw has earned a customer experience rating of 4.9 out of 5. Feefo provides customer reviews and feedback for businesses and consumers.